develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2006

[perl #3453] problem sending "reboot" command through Net::Telnet

From:
Steve Peters via RT
Date:
February 23, 2006 13:37
Subject:
[perl #3453] problem sending "reboot" command through Net::Telnet
Message ID:
rt-3.0.11-3453-130547.18.3890136246389@perl.org
> [dnguye1@nortelnetworks.com - Fri Jun 30 07:30:49 2000]:
>
> Hi Sir/Madam,
> I have a problem with sending "reboot" command while using Perl.
>
> In my main program, I wrote:
>
> after I telnet to a system then
>
> print "Send reboot command\n";
>         my @output = $TELNET_ID->cmd(String => "reboot",    # line 187
>                           Prompt => '/->/',
>                           Timeout=> 60);
>       print @output;
>
> But I have this kind of error after it reached to "reboot"
>
> Tk::Error: unexpected read error: Unknown error at brm_test.pl line 187
>  Net::Telnet::_croak at D:/Perl/lib/Net/Telnet.pm line 1830
>  Net::Telnet::error at D:/Perl/lib/Net/Telnet.pm line 573
>  Net::Telnet::cmd at D:/Perl/lib/Net/Telnet.pm line 371
>  main::browse at brm_test.pl line 187
>  main::__ANON__ at brm_test.pl line 97
>  (command bound to event)
>
> Please let me know why Perl is killed why it reach to the command "reboot"
>
> I thank you very much.  Your input is very important to me.

Since Net::Telnet is not part of the Perl core, this error should be
reported to the author of Net::Telnet, Jay Rogers.  I have copied him on
this email.  Please contact him if you are still having this problem.