develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2005

Re: sprintf patches

From:
Jason Vas Dias
Date:
December 9, 2005 13:56
Re: sprintf patches
Message ID:
200512091655.46958.jvdias@redhat.com
On Friday 09 December 2005 16:43, Steve Peters wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 08:06:56PM +0000, Nicholas Clark wrote:

> > > This has been assigned CVE-2005-3962
> > > (http://www.cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2005-3962).
> > >
> > > Note: use the "CVE" rather than "CAN" prefix
> > > (http://www.cve.mitre.org/cve/renumber.html).
> >
> > OK. Edited. All apply cleanly, but so far the test machine has only completed
> > the build for 5.8.7. (Working backwards).
> >
> > Currently I'm very limited in what architectures I have access to - it would
> > be nice to have some feedback on whether they work perfectly on any OS other
> > than x86 FreeBSD 5.4 before I upload them to CPAN. (Given that CPAN only
> > gives me 1 shot at a name)
> >
> > In particular non gcc and non Unix would be interesting.
>
> I'll get a Linux gcc-4.0, Linux Sun cc, and OpenBSD, at least, started this
> evening.  If no one else volunteers, I'll look into Mac OS X, Cygwin,
> and Win32 VC++ .NET tomorrow.
>
> Steve Peters
> steve@fisharerojo.org

I can confirm that the sprintf patches (patches 26283 and 26284)
build fine and all tests pass on all current Red Hat Linux platforms
(i386, x86_64, ia64, ppc32, ppc64, s390, s390x)  :
perl-5.8.7 FC-5 (gcc-4.1),
perl-5.8.6 FC-4 (gcc-4.0),
oerl-5.8.5 RHEL-4 (gcc 3.4.4), and
perl-5.8.0 RHEL-3 (gcc-3.2.3).