develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2005

Re: Compiling 5.8.7 with VS2005

From:
Eric Lemoine
Date:
November 29, 2005 09:31
Re: Compiling 5.8.7 with VS2005
Message ID:
20051129161849.M86298@sierra.silicomp.fr
Hi Joel,

I'd enounted the same problem. No way to excecute pl or pm script
with perl.exe. I'd check how miniperl works with a hello world
script, and did the same with perl.exe. I found the problem was
in win32/win32.c:win32_read(int, void *, unsigned int)
- miniperl goes by read(...) and perl goes by _fixed_read(...).

Finaly I commented the 3 next lines in win32/Makefile

!IF "$(USE_PERLCRT)" != "define"
BUILDOPT = $(BUILDOPT) -DPERL_MSVCRT_READFIX
!ENDIF

Now perl.exe works with pm and pl script.
But, I have problems with the nmake test .
for some tests (in rapport with IO) perl send ALRM signal
that is unsupported by VS2005 MSVCRT, and popup the window
"perl.exe - Application Error".
for now I found no way to correct this or workarround.

regards,
Eric Lemoine