develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2005

Re: [perl #37731] junk and uninit'ed values in tied scalars

From:
Robin Houston
Date:
November 28, 2005 04:35
Re: [perl #37731] junk and uninit'ed values in tied scalars
Message ID:
20051128123452.GA14694@rpc142.cs.man.ac.uk
On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 01:26:31AM -0800, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
> Yes, it does.  Thinking ahead to 5.8.9, I'm not sure how well that
> plays with the Y2K check that's in pp_concat in maint but not blead,
> though.  Robin?

I've just had a quick look at this, and found that maintperl won't
even compile if you define PERL_Y2KWARN, so I guess this option isn't
too well tested!

Still, it shouldn't be hard to fix that and backport the patch to
maint. I have a version that looks as though it ought to work, and
I'm testing it now.

Robin