develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2005

Re: pipes + threads broken in blead on VMS

From:
Rafael Garcia-Suarez
Date:
November 27, 2005 15:50
Re: pipes + threads broken in blead on VMS
Message ID:
b77c1dce0511271550n19e2f825ndd59bc3b171ed162@mail.gmail.com
On 11/26/05, Craig A. Berry <craigberry@mac.com> wrote:
> But there are other structures that are pipe-specific, and it seems
> like a good idea to keep the new sanity check that ensures we close a
> pipe and deallocate its structures from within the same interpreter
> context where it was opened. But I haven't thought of a good way to
> do that for the case where the pipe is opened when there is no
> context at all yet.  Any suggestions?

Looks to me that we should bypass this check when there is no context.
I expect this will help also applications that embed a perl
interpreter.