develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2005

Segfaults in PathTools tests under 5.005_03

From:
Ken Williams
Date:
November 25, 2005 08:58
Subject:
Segfaults in PathTools tests under 5.005_03
Message ID:
3cdb37c446f572b1345243241609dcc8@mathforum.org
Hi,

A user (S├ębastien Aperghis-Tramoni) reported that the latest PathTools
release, 3.14, generates segmentation faults when running under
5.005_03 on Linux.  The segfaults occur in t/cwd.t and t/taint.t, so I
suspect it's a problem somewhere in the XS code, or perhaps a
triggering of an old perl bug.

Things work for me under 5.005_04 on Mac OS X, which I believe is the
earliest version of 5.005 available on that platform, so I was hoping
someone with a debugging 5.005_03 could shed a little spare light if
possible.

Thanks,

  -Ken