develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2005

Re: Change 26174: Upgrade to PathTools-3.14

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
November 25, 2005 06:03
Re: Change 26174: Upgrade to PathTools-3.14
Message ID:
20051125140338.GD88050@plum.flirble.org
On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 06:12:11AM -0800, Steve Peters wrote:

> +3.13  Tue Nov 15 23:50:37 CST 2005
> +
> + - Calling tmpdir() on Win32 had the unintended side-effect of storing
> +   some undef values in %INC for the TMPDIR, TEMP, and TMP entries if
> +   they didn't exist already.  This is probably a bug in perl itself
> +   (submitted as #37441 on rt.perl.org), which we're now working
> +   around. [Thomas L. Shinnick]
> +
> + - Integrated a change from bleadperl - a certain #ifdef in Cwd.xs
> +   needs to apply to WIN32 but not WinCE. [Vadim Konovalov]
> +
> + - abs2rel() used to return the empty string when its two arguments
> +   were identical, which made no sense.  Now it returns
> +   curdir(). [Spotted by David Golden]

This change is backwards incompatible and breaks existing programs.

How am I meant to merge it into maint?

Nicholas Clark