develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2005

Re: XS-assisted SWASHGET (esp. for t/uni/class.t speedup)

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
November 23, 2005 15:05
Re: XS-assisted SWASHGET (esp. for t/uni/class.t speedup)
Message ID:
20051123230615.GN24276@iabyn.com
On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 05:57:34PM +0900, SADAHIRO Tomoyuki wrote:
> In particular, removal of save_re_context, PUSHSTACKi and POPSTACK
> from Perl_swash_fetch seems to save much times.

As far as I can see, the PUSHSTACKi is still required, since
Perl_swash_fetch may extend the stack, and it is called from places that
may not expect the stack to be extended (and thus reallocated).

Also, I don't understand why SWASHGET remains as a perl-level function
that just calls the XS utf8::SWASHGET_heavy; why not just rename
utf8::SWASHGET_heavy to utf8::SWASHGET ?

--
My get-up-and-go just got up and went.