develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2005

Re: XS-assisted SWASHGET (esp. for t/uni/class.t speedup)

From:
Rafael Garcia-Suarez
Date:
November 23, 2005 08:08
Re: XS-assisted SWASHGET (esp. for t/uni/class.t speedup)
Message ID:
20051123170816.2f183382@grubert.mandrakesoft.com
SADAHIRO Tomoyuki wrote:
> > The patch gzipped (against perl patch 26198) is attached to this mail
> > as swashget.patch.gz
>
> I must report that this patch has a bug that perl will crash
> when the last line of $self->{EXTRAS} does not have \n at the end.
>
> The patch following is an additional patch against the previous patch.

Clever idea; thanks, I applied both patches as change #26199 to
bleadperl. However, I had to replace some char* by some U8* pointers in
your code, to get it to compile on my platform (where U8 is an unsigned
char.)

Now it compiles, but universal.c spits out some unsigned-related
warnings :

`sh  cflags "optimize='-g'" universal.o`  universal.c
          CCCMD =  cc -DPERL_CORE -c -DDEBUGGING -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -Wdeclaration-after-statement -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/include/gdbm -g  -Wall
universal.c: In function 'XS_utf8_SWASHGET_heavy':
universal.c:992: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
universal.c:1051: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'Perl_grok_hex' differ in signedness
universal.c:1067: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'Perl_grok_hex' differ in signedness
universal.c:1079: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'Perl_grok_hex' differ in signedness
universal.c:1222: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of 'Perl_hv_fetch' differ in signedness
universal.c:1253: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness

which need to be silenced.