develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2005

Re: fchmod, fchown, fchdir

From:
Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes
Date:
October 27, 2005 12:04
Re: fchmod, fchown, fchdir
Message ID:
20051027190356.GC3308@efn.org
On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 03:27:04PM -0700, Gisle Aas wrote:
> I would like to be able to pass file handles to chmod(), chown() and
> chdir() and have perl call the corresponding fxxx() function.  This is
> similar to how perl treats the argument of stat() or truncate().

Feel any urge to make utime use futimes where available?  (This is at
least linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, and cygwin, according to Dr. Google.)