develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2005

Re: Untested builtins

From:
Steve Hay
Date:
October 5, 2005 09:31
Re: Untested builtins
Message ID:
4343FFD2.5080500@uk.radan.com
Steve Hay wrote:
> Steven Schubiger wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 03:35:25PM +0100, Steve Hay wrote:
>>

>>> This is the default file on my machine.  I haven't edited it at all.
>>>

>> It certainly lacks some protocol information that is present in the
>> unix-like protocol file; embarassing is that the alias of
>> getprotobynumber(0) differs - but I fixed that and the matter of
>> skipping protocols that aren't enlisted on such a system.
>>
> Works OK for me now, but I guess there is a chance that it may fail on
> other flavours of Windows.  I'm running XP.  I'll have a ferret around
> and see if I can get the protocol file for at least NT4 and 2000 as well.

I almost forgot about this.

I've looked on NT4 Workstation, 2000 Server and 2003 Server and they're
all the same as my XP Pro (except the NT4 says (c) 1995 and mentions RFC
1060 rather than (c) 1999 and RFC 1700).

So I've added the test in change 25696.  We'll see what happens to the
smokes.  It's easy enough to take it out again if it proves too much
trouble...

Thanks!

Radan Computational Ltd.

The information contained in this message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error or there are any problems, please notify the sender immediately. The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. Note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Radan Computational Ltd. The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached files for viruses: Radan Computational will accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.