develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2005

Re: Building modules before perl is installed?

From:
Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes
Date:
September 29, 2005 15:22
Re: Building modules before perl is installed?
Message ID:
20050929222220.GC2852@efn.org
On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 10:02:36AM -0700, Kean Johnston wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am trying to set up a nightly build of Perl and several
> CPAN modules. Ideally, this should not require that the
> Perl I have just build be installed on the build system,
> since the build system may be running a different version
> of Perl.

Consider just building perl with the -Dversiononly configure flag so
that everything that gets installed has the version number as part of
the pathname.  Then build your modules using the versioned perl
(e.g. perl5.8.7 Makefile.PL).