develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2005

Re: Building modules before perl is installed?

From:
Kean Johnston
Date:
September 29, 2005 13:26
Re: Building modules before perl is installed?
Message ID:
433C4DDD.4020104@armory.com
> I will go an take a look at the MakeMaker doc as you suggested.
> Thank you.

That didn't really help. The doc talks about things like
PERL_INC and PERL_LIB, but not how to set them. I tried
setting them in the environment, that didn't help. I
tried adding them as options to perl Makefile.PL PERL_INC=whatever
and that didn't help either. I get:

`PERL_INC' is not a known MakeMaker parameter name.
Have /packages/perl/perl/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7/i586-pc-linux-gnu/Config.pm
expected /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7/i586-pc-linux-gnu/Config.pm
Your perl and your Config.pm seen to have different ideas about
the architecture they are running on.
Perl thinks: [i586-pc-linux-gnu]
Config says: [i586-pc-linux-gnu]
This may or may not cause problems. Please check your installation of
perl if you have problems building this extension.

For openers, that warning about the architecture is bogus, they
are identical. Second, as you can see, it doesn't like PERL_INC.

Do you have any further advice for me please? Greatly appreciated.

Kean