develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2005

Re: Building modules before perl is installed?

From:
Kean Johnston
Date:
September 29, 2005 11:13
Re: Building modules before perl is installed?
Message ID:
433C2ED0.3000908@armory.com
 > There is a mechanism in the build process to allow Perl to fetch
 > and install CPAN modules during its build process.  See "Adding extra
 > modules to the build" in INSTALL.
I dont want to fetch them from CPAN. I have them already in the
source tree. Reproducability of the exact build is paramount.
I dont necessarily want the latest version from CPAN.

>>The problem is that $perl Makefile.PL is failing. It is
>>failing becuase "MakeMaker could not find blahblah/CORE/perl.h"
>

> All that "blahblah" is there for a reason, such as diagnosing your error.

I know, but I was trying to keep the line length in the
message down, and I had already provided all the other information.
But for clarity, the exact message is:

(You get this message, becuase MakeMaker could not find
"/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7/i586-pc-linux-gnu/CORE/perl.h")

I will go an take a look at the MakeMaker doc as you suggested.
Thank you.

Kean