develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2005

[perl #2234] DProf generates SEGV with perl-5.5.670

From:
Steve Peters via RT
Date:
September 27, 2005 20:12
Subject:
[perl #2234] DProf generates SEGV with perl-5.5.670
Message ID:
rt-3.0.11-2234-121713.18.5346614324191@perl.org
> [EFifer@sanwaint.com - Tue Feb 29 20:13:11 2000]:
>

> This is a bug report for perl from efifer@sanwaint.com,
> generated with the help of perlbug 1.27 running under perl v5.5.670.

> I'm getting core dumps on Solaris and Cygwin with Dprof
> now that the DynaLoader is unloading all files at exit.
>
> The final call to XS_DB_sub in DProf.xs occurs *after*
> dl_unload_all_files.
>
> Note that perl is still passing the lib/dprof.t test,
> but a core is left behind.

It sounds like this occurs while testing Perl, but I've not been able to
recreate this problem.