develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2005

zlib defines

From:
Ken Hirsch
Date:
September 26, 2005 21:59
Subject:
zlib defines
Message ID:
4338D181.3040609@ftml.net
I am working on porting 5.9.3 to the MPE/iX (HP3000) operating system.

Included in 5.9.3 is the Compress::Zlib module with the zlib source. The
zlib source tests various defines, such as
#  ifdef HAS_vsnprintf_void
#  ifdef NO_vsnprintf
These are normally set by the configure script and Makefile included
with the download from zlib.org, but these are not included in the
zlib-src directory of Compress::Zlib.

When installing Compress::Zlib by itself, I can do this
  export EXTRA_DEFINE=-DNO_vsnprintf
but in trying to make the perl source build automatically for other
users, I don't know where I would put that statement, or if it's really
the right thing to do; since this may be an issue on other platforms, a
more general solution may be necessary.

Any ideas?

Ken Hirsch