develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2005

[perl #37254] ithreads "free to wrong pool" problem

From:
Dave Dyer
Date:
September 25, 2005 03:16
Subject:
[perl #37254] ithreads "free to wrong pool" problem
Message ID:
rt-3.0.11-37254-121329.8.60229811129372@perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  Dave Dyer
# Please include the string:  [perl #37254]

in activeperl 5.8.7 on windows 2000

I've constructed a program which pretty reproducably gets
the "free to wrong pool" error using threads and LWP::Simple.

I've used semaphores to remove concurrency, and tracked
my particular problem into the vicinity of the ->request
method, where I am reluctant to try to follow it - needless
to say that's where all the complicated stuff happens.

In essence, my pared-down example does nothing except
fire up a bunch of threads, each of which does nothing
but LWP::getstore