develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2005

Re: What's holding up mainperl from upgrading MakeMaker?

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
Re: What's holding up mainperl from upgrading MakeMaker?
Message ID:
20050724202323.GB13275@windhund.schwern.org
On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 12:58:57PM -0500, Craig A. Berry wrote:
> At 4:27 PM +0100 7/23/05, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> >However, VMS is currently failing to build even miniperl, due to its C
> >compiler being more stringent about const consistency than anything else
> >on the planet.
>
> It's the same compiler as the Tru64 compiler, but the default options
> on the build tools reflect the assumption that all warnings will be
> fixed before proceeding.

Wow, it treats warnings as errors?  That's... ummm-- can you turn that off?

--
Michael G Schwern     schwern@pobox.com     http://www.pobox.com/~schwern
Ahh email, my old friend.  Do you know that revenge is a dish that is best