develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2005

Re: Text::Balanced patches

From:
Steve Hay
Date:
Re: Text::Balanced patches
Message ID:
42D4EA8A.8070606@uk.radan.com
Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:

>Steve Hay wrote:
>

>>Looking at closing a few more perlbugs, I notice that David Manura
>>submitted 5 patches for Text-Balanced back in January (all with new test
>>cases): perlbugs 25151, 25154, 25156, 25157 and 25158.
>>
>>In 25157, Dave Mitchell requested that they all be resent as one jumbo
>>patch, which David Manura kindly did.
>>
>>Is there any particular reason that this jumbo patch was never applied?
>>

>Well :
>- Text::Balanced is dual lived
>- David Manura is now the maintainer of Text::Balanced on CPAN
>- there is no new version on CPAN compared to the core version

I've now applied the jumbo patch in 25157 (as change 25135) and closed
all five bugs.

There was no response regarding these bugs from David Manura when I
mailed him, and still no new CPAN version has appeared a year and a half
since the bugs were reported (by David himself!).  And the bleadperl
version was different to the latest CPAN release anyway.

Radan Computational Ltd.

The information contained in this message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this message in error or there are any problems, please notify the sender immediately.  The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.  Note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Radan Computational Ltd.  The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached files for viruses: Radan Computational will accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.