develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2005

Can we assume 5005threads are dead?

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
July 12, 2005 18:19
Subject:
Can we assume 5005threads are dead?
Message ID:
20050713011925.GA2035@windhund.schwern.org
Configure sez:

  The 5005threads version is effectively unmaintained and will probably be
  removed in Perl 5.10, so there should be no need to build a Perl using it
  unless needed for backwards compatibility with some existing 5.005threads
  code.

Can I assume, for the purposes of closing bugs and deleting code, that
this is true and we're go for removing all the 5005threads code in 5.10?

--
Michael G Schwern     schwern@pobox.com     http://www.pobox.com/~schwern
'All anyone gets in a mirror is themselves,' she said. 'But what you