develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2005

Re: how to add more than one user magic of the same type with perl5.6.x

From:
Stas Bekman
Date:
April 4, 2005 16:07
Re: how to add more than one user magic of the same type with perl5.6.x
Message ID:
4251C8A6.2000009@stason.org
Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 09:49:03PM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:
>
>>On Fri, Dec 24, 2004 at 07:53:02PM -0500, Stas Bekman wrote:
>>
>>>We have a situation where we need to add more than one PERL_MAGIC_ext
>>>magic to an object. sv_magicext which allows to do that is available
>>>starting from 5.8.x+. What do I do if I need to support 5.6.x?
>>
>>Did anyone ever reply to this?
>

> I did (http://nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/97142).
> Stas was going to try some things and report back.

Eventually, we figured that we had this need only under 5.8.x, as only
under that version some magic was already used, so I didn't have a case to
test Yitzchak proposal.