develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2005

Re: how to add more than one user magic of the same type with perl 5.6.x

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
April 3, 2005 13:49
Re: how to add more than one user magic of the same type with perl 5.6.x
Message ID:
20050403204903.GI96525@plum.flirble.org
Did anyone ever reply to this?

On Fri, Dec 24, 2004 at 07:53:02PM -0500, Stas Bekman wrote:
> We have a situation where we need to add more than one PERL_MAGIC_ext
> magic to an object. sv_magicext which allows to do that is available
> starting from 5.8.x+. What do I do if I need to support 5.6.x?

Coax mhx into providing an emulation in Devel::PPPort?

Nicholas Clark