develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2005

Re: [ANNOUNCE] ExtUtils::MakeMaker 6.25_07

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
January 1, 2005 15:50
Re: [ANNOUNCE] ExtUtils::MakeMaker 6.25_07
Message ID:
20050101235043.GA19284@windhund.schwern.org
On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 08:55:08AM -0500, PPrymmer@factset.com wrote:
> Next using perl 5.8.6 and mms V3.2-01:
>
> Module will not build.  The descrip.mms written out by
> ExtUtils::MakeMaker::VERSION 6.17 runs into
> "%SYSTEM-F-ACCVIO, access violation"

I don't quite understand what 6.17 has to do with it.  MakeMaker builds
itself using itself, not the installed version.

> With that installed a second attempt to build it with mms 3.2-01
> still fails with a similar message.  I have verified that this
> MMS can handle rudimentary descrip.mms files.  I do not know
> yet what is causing the trouble.

Probably the directory target issue on older MMS' that Craig pointed out.

--
Michael G Schwern     schwern@pobox.com     http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, philistine pig ignorance I've come