[perl #6757] the walls come crashing down ... (segmentation fault)

From:
Steve Peters via RT
Date:
December 31, 2004 08:46
Subject:
[perl #6757] the walls come crashing down ... (segmentation fault)
Message ID:
rt-3.0.11-6757-104884.0.34459794553193@perl.org
> [lvirden@cas.org - Fri Apr 06 05:17:05 2001]:

> Ever since compiling and testing the new perl and installing it,
>    certain
> perl apps - such as PilotManager as well as this script:
>
> eval 'exec /volws/lwv26/ldatae/bin/perl  -S $0 ${1+"$@"}'
>     if 0; # not running under some shell
>
> use CPAN;
> shell;
>
> have been crashing with a segmentation error.  When I tried to get
>    into
> dbx to figure out where the problem was occuring, I got no stack
> trace (what's the trick to examining a SPARC Solaris 8 core dump
> of an interpreter interpreting a script?)

I'm assuming this has been fixed some time in the past, otherwise, perl
-MCPAN -eshell would not be working.