Re: [perl #33598] sniff, well meaning documentation enhancements never up to snuff

From:
Joe McMahon
Date:
December 30, 2004 06:19
Re: [perl #33598] sniff, well meaning documentation enhancements never up to snuff
Message ID:
BB21E11D-5A6D-11D9-9507-000A95942A84@ibiblio.org

On Dec 29, 2004, at 2:15 PM, Dan Jacobson (via RT) wrote:

> # New Ticket Created by  Dan Jacobson
>

> Sniff, my well meaning documentation enhancement ideas have been
> rejected one by one on the highly conservative perl-documentation
> mailing list I was told to send them to instead of here.
>
> It seems once Larry finished writing the documentation, it is more
> finalized than the Bible. not to be watered down.

It's partly that they are always "change thus", not "here's a patch to
change this". Try puttig together some patches. You're thinking about
this stuff, which us good, but you need to show that it means enough to
you, and that it can really be an enhancement, by putting some
volunteer work toward making it happen.

  ---- Joe M.