Re: [perl #33571] Segmentation fault while parsing a malformed code

From:
H.Merijn Brand
Date:
December 29, 2004 04:28
Re: [perl #33571] Segmentation fault while parsing a malformed code
Message ID:
20041229132646.2B6A.H.M.BRAND@hccnet.nl
On Tue 28 Dec 2004 19:50, Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 05:39:38PM +0000, Dave Mitchell wrote:
>
> > .. and was fixed in bleed by a patch that can't be directly applied to
> > maint because it relies on the yacc -> bison cleanup patches, which
> > haven't been integrated. Hmmm, maybe I should introduce a maint version of
> > the patch, even though the sheer difficulty of patching the parser in
> > maint was what caused me to do the bison stuff in the first place :-(
>
> It might be easier to locate someone with an MVS machine (*with* a compiler)
> to check the patch on. Not knowing if it worked on MVS was the principle
> reason I didn't want to apply it to maint. (Or any other EBCDIC system for
> that matter. Are Unix and Linux both tied to ASCII?)

If that bison patch goes in maint, I'll need Dave's help to modify the
dor-patch, so please gimme a signal *before* the patch goes in (once it does),
so I can update the patch on that point, and we have a clean patch to work on

--
H.Merijn Brand        Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://amsterdam.pm.org/)
using perl-5.6.1, 5.8.5, & 5.9.x, and 809 on  HP-UX 10.20 & 11.00, 11i,