Re: [perl #33571] Segmentation fault while parsing a malformed code

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
December 28, 2004 10:50
Re: [perl #33571] Segmentation fault while parsing a malformed code
Message ID:
20041228185024.GW77507@plum.flirble.org
On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 05:39:38PM +0000, Dave Mitchell wrote:

> .. and was fixed in bleed by a patch that can't be directly applied to
> maint because it relies on the yacc -> bison cleanup patches, which
> haven't been integrated. Hmmm, maybe I should introduce a maint version of
> the patch, even though the sheer difficulty of patching the parser in
> maint was what caused me to do the bison stuff in the first place :-(

It might be easier to locate someone with an MVS machine (*with* a compiler)
to check the patch on. Not knowing if it worked on MVS was the principle
reason I didn't want to apply it to maint. (Or any other EBCDIC system for
that matter. Are Unix and Linux both tied to ASCII?)

Nicholas Clark