Re: Static linking notes --- perl5.8.6 and uClibc

From:
Alexey Tourbin
Date:
December 28, 2004 03:25
Re: Static linking notes --- perl5.8.6 and uClibc
Message ID:
20041228112542.GB21037@solemn.turbinal.org
Hi,

On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 09:45:19PM +0000, Bennett Todd wrote:
> I'm working on Bent Linux, a distro that uses strictly static
> linking, with uClibc. To get perl to build in that env, I use
> -Uusedl -Uusefaststdio, and the attached patch; the latter because
> uClibc's features.h defines GLIBC, since that seems to fix more than
> it breaks. perl would be one thing it breaks; unlike most misuses of
> __GLIBC__, perl's actually deciding whether to reach right in and
> grab stdio's undocumented goolies and squeeze. uClibc keeps it's
> goolies in different places.

There seems to be a better patch for this:
http://mirror.pudas.net/gentoo-x86-portage/dev-lang/perl/files/perl-5.8.2-uclibc.patch