re: perlpodtut

From:
Jim Cromie
Date:
December 24, 2004 13:07
re: perlpodtut
Message ID:
cfe85dfa04122410026c32146c@mail.gmail.com
Ronald J Kimball wrote:

>On Fri, Dec 24, 2004 at 11:12:05AM +0100, Juerd wrote:
>
>This looks like a very helpful tutorial.  I just have a few nits...  :)

yeay, with following addition(s)

>>=head2 Headings in POD
>>
>>Logical structure is important. So we use headings. There are four levels, and
>>this should be enough. We use the C<=head1> .. C<=head4> commands (They are
>>called I<command paragraphs> officially. They are paragraphs because they're
>>separated from the rest of the POD by blank lines).
>

>We use the C<=head1> .. C<=head4> commands. (They are called I<command
>paragraphs officially. They are paragraphs because they're separated from
>the rest of the POD by blank lines.)

I dont see sufficient value in explaining the official name.
These points seem more valuable:

    all pod elements, including commands, are paragraphs ( ie 1 or
more lines of text, surrounded by *empty* lines )

    Conveying your document's logical structure is important, so use
(the following) formatting commands to reflect your document outline.

    formatting commands cannot be indented; the examples below are
purposely indented to prevent their interpretation as formatting
commands, so that you can read them literally.

thanks
jimc