Re: On the subject of CPAN indexing and the wrong modules being presented for upgrade

From:
Aaron Sherman
Date:
December 23, 2004 18:35
Re: On the subject of CPAN indexing and the wrong modules being presented for upgrade
Message ID:
20041223213527.A13530@ajs.com
On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 07:35:55PM -0500, John Peacock wrote:
> As part of the discussion Stas and I have been having, I ran the CPAN 'r'
> command on a random box I have, to see what modules would be offered for
> upgrade.  All of them were sensible (i.e. standalone modules) except this one:
>
> B                  1.02      1.07  N/NW/NWCLARK/perl-5.8.6.tar.gz

Wasn't that a problem with an old version of CPAN? I recall the solution
was to use CPAN to update just CPAN itself

	install CPAN

and then update the CPAN bundle:

	install Bundle::CPAN

and all should be well. Pardon me if I'm missing some context,
and this has already been mentioned.

--
Aaron Sherman
ajs@ajs.com		finger ajskey@b5.ajs.com for GPG info. Fingerprint: