[ANNOUNCE] CPANPLUS 0.050_02

From:
Jos I. Boumans
Date:
December 10, 2004 08:37
Subject:
[ANNOUNCE] CPANPLUS 0.050_02
Message ID:
C84C30E1-4AC9-11D9-B602-000A956B0E06@dwim.org
After quite a bit of feedback on the first beta, I'm pleased to
announce the second beta. Get it from:
	http://cpanplus.xs4all.nl/~kane/CPANPLUS-0.050_02.tar.gz

Or soon, a CPAN near you.

Changes for 0.050_02    Fri Dec 10 15:03:39 CET 2004

*   Move CPANPLUS::Dist::(Deb|Ports) to it's on repository
*   Fix error when Test::Reporter is unavaliable
*   Various spelling fixes
*   Added CPANPLUS::Hacking pod with instructions how to hack on
     CPANPLUS
*   Added an environment variable 'PERL5_CPANPLUS_IS_RUNNING' which
     will be set to the current process id, so subprocesses can
     recognize that they are running under CPANPLUS
*   Some wordings have changed for the setup, to make things a bit
     clearer
*   Add 'do we have test::reporter support' probing code (used in
     test suite)
*   Add Mail::Send as a prerequisite for test::reporter support
*   Don't attempt to actually send test reports from our test suite
     -- Test::Reporter doesn't do that itself either, we might have
     failed tests due to Test::Reporter rather than ourselves
*   Mention 'bundle::cpanplus::test::reporter' which has all the
     modules needed to have test::reporter support enabled
*   Improved accuracy for core module detection logic and errors
*   More support for connecting to remote machines using
     CPANPLUS::Daemon (not yet released, but will be soon)
*   Add extra clean up arguments to our own Makefile to remove temp
     files
*   Extensive overhaul of CPANPLUS::Dist::Build to get Module::Build
     support working properly (lots of workarounds for bugs in the M::B
     API -- we now bundle a custom patched M::B (0.26061) to cope)
*   Module::Build now accepts buildflags
*   Seperate inc path for installers (defacto only Module::Build
     right now)
*   Update various bundled modules like Object::Accessor, IPC::Cmd,
     Archive::Extract.
*   Smarter loading of bundled modules
*   Various speed optimizations
*   't --force' can send a new test::report now
*   Don't force current installer format onto prereqs, unless it's
     explicitly requested
*   Make the default shell be aware when it's running in noninteractive
     mode, making sure it makes no suggestions with require interactivity
*   Add a message about where the module was extracted to in verbose
mode

--

Jos Boumans

	"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority,
	it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

	CPANPLUS	http://cpanplus.sf.net