[perl #32944] incomplete package?

From:
Michael Monaghan
Date:
December 7, 2004 14:44
Subject:
[perl #32944] incomplete package?
Message ID:
rt-3.0.11-32944-102319.13.8108821809946@perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  Michael Monaghan
# Please include the string:  [perl #32944]

Hi,

I downloaded the latest stable perl source from
http://ftp.funet.fi/pub/CPAN/src/latest.tar.gz, extracted etc.,

----------------------------------
bash-2.05# pwd
/export/tmp/perl-5.8.6
bash-2.05#sh Configure -Dcc=gcc

Beginning of configuration questions for perl5.

Checking echo to see how to suppress newlines...
...using \c
The star should be here-->*

First let's make sure your kit is complete.  Checking...
lib/locale.pm: No such file or directory
lib/locale.t: No such file or directory
t/lib/locale/latin1: No such file or directory
t/lib/locale/utf8: No such file or directory

THIS PACKAGE SEEMS TO BE INCOMPLETE.

You have the option of continuing the configuration process, despite the
distinct possibility that your kit is damaged, by typing 'y'es.  If you
do, don't blame me if something goes wrong.  I advise you to type 'n'o
and contact the author (perlbug@perl.org).

Should I be concerned?

thanks,

-mm