[ANNOUNCE] XSLoader 0.03_01

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
December 6, 2004 16:43
Subject:
[ANNOUNCE] XSLoader 0.03_01
Message ID:
20041207004308.GA7998@windhund.schwern.org
http://svn.schwern.org/svn/CPAN/XSLoader/tags/VERSION=0.03_01/
or
svn://svn.schwern.org/CPAN/XSLoader/tags/VERSION=0.03_01/
or
http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/src/XSLoader-0.03_01.tar.gz
or
a CPAN mirror near you!

A year ago I pulled XSLoader out of bleadperl and threatened to turn it
into a CPAN module.  I rediscovered this madness through the magic of google
and an old p5p summary.  I was trying to get any recent version of Cwd to
install on 5.5.4 and they all wanted XSLoader. [1]

The code has been resurrected from CVS, moved into SVN, updated with the
few bleadperl patches against XSLoader since then and hurled onto CPAN as
an alpha release.  I say hurled because I do not want to maintain this
module.  I know very little about XS or DynaLoader.

So there it is.  The "alpha" is on CPAN.  Its all but exactly what's in
bleadperl.  If someone wants to release it as 0.04 [2] and maintain it there
it is with a little red bow.  All the hard work has been done.

[1] I note this has been fixed in the latest PathTools alpha.
[2] I'm not going to, I don't need another module to maintain.

--
Michael G Schwern        schwern@pobox.com  http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
It's Paint Chip Eating time!