Re: [perl #32915] "Use of uninitialized value in substitution iterator" while evaluating a string that match /0+[89]\d+/

From:
Paul Johnson
Date:
December 6, 2004 16:32
Re: [perl #32915] "Use of uninitialized value in substitution iterator" while evaluating a string that match /0+[89]\d+/
Message ID:
20041207003158.GE10383@pjcj.net
On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 09:07:15PM -0000, Tobias Spranger wrote:

> It seem's that perl's regex parser regards strings (or integers?) of the
> form /0+[89]\d*/ undefined. (I also tried this with more leading zeros and
> more trailing numbers in $a and got the same errors).

> I hope this information is sufficient to solve this bug. If not, feel free to
> ask me for more information.

Thanks for your report, but this is not a bug.  Numeric literals
starting with a zero are octal and the digits 8 and 9 are obviously
invalid there.

perldoc perldata for more information.

--
Paul Johnson - paul@pjcj.net