Re: [perl #32884] API doc for SvUTF8

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
December 6, 2004 02:23
Re: [perl #32884] API doc for SvUTF8
Message ID:
20041206102346.GR77507@plum.flirble.org
On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 02:25:52AM -0000, perl-5. 8. 0 @ ton. iguana. be wrote:

> things fail badly because (at least on my system) the bool enum becomes a
> char, and since SVf_UTF8 is 0x20000000, utf8 will always be 0 after truncate.
>
> Either the docs or the macro should be updated I think

I think that the docs should be updated, given that people write code using
the current docs, but expect (hope?) that it works on older perls.

<hate>Yes, I've been bitten by this stupidity of "BOOL" while tweaking the
perl sources. IIRC with the UTF8 flag. I'd be quite happy to purge the perl
source of it.</hate>

Nicholas Clark