[ANNOUNCE] CPANPLUS-0.050_01

From:
Jos I. Boumans
Date:
December 3, 2004 08:40
Subject:
[ANNOUNCE] CPANPLUS-0.050_01
Message ID:
065BB283-454A-11D9-BA41-000A956B0E06@dwim.org
Greetings,

After a prolonged period of merely bugfixes, this day marks the release
of a
new feature release (and ground up rewrite) of CPANPLUS: 0.050_01

This feature release prepares us for the next line of plugins in
CPANPLUS,
which should greatly improve the quality of code and use of CPAN and
CPAN
modules.

Some of the features include:
	* Native Module::Build support
	* Native testers.cpan.org query/report
	* Native signature verification support
	* Multiple frontend shells
	* Scriptable shells
	* Improved configuration options
	* Improved Programmable API
	* Plugins to package managers
	* Support for a remote CPANPLUS::Daemon
	* and many more...

You can view the readme here:
	http://codebase1.xs4all.nl/~kane/CPANPLUS-0.050_01.README

And obtain the source from:
	http://codebase1.xs4all.nl/~kane/CPANPLUS-0.050_01.tar.gz
or soon on a CPAN near you...

This beta release has already had extensive testing from a dedicated
group of
people on #perl-qa and #p5p, but the time has now come to offer this
beta to
the wider public, before declaring it 'stable' and uploading it as such
to the
CPAN.
Therefor I invite all of you who have an interest in CPAN modules, to
try this
release out and report your findings back to us, whether they be feature
requests, or bug reports;

	Feature requests:	cpanplus-info@lists.sourceforge.net
	Bug reports: 		cpanplus-bugs@lists.sourceforge.net

I have to again thank all the people who've so vigorously and
selflessly spent
great amounts of energy on making this new release possible; I think
you know
who you are :)

--
	Jos Boumans