develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2004

Re: License for the Cwd module

From:
chromatic
Date:
November 30, 2004 20:22
Re: License for the Cwd module
Message ID:
1101874926.13823.33.camel@localhost
On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 22:26 -0500, Michael G Schwern wrote:

> Ya know, the FSF folks do actually know a lot about this.  If nothing else,
> some of them ARE lawyers and can give us advice on what's a good idea and
> what isn't.

> One fellow at OSCON was fairly chomping at the bit wanting to help with
> Perl's licensing and copyright issues.  Shame I can't remember his name.
> (It wasn't Brad Khun, who, incidentally, has mellowed).

TPF is working on this with help from the FSF.  It's under control and
there should be something public in the next short while.  E-mail
allison at perl dot org if you want to help.

In the meantime, hey, isn't that A UNICODE THREADING REGEX BUG -- ON
VMS, triggered by a MakeMaker regression!

-- c