develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2004

RE: License for the Cwd module

From:
Horsley Tom
Date:
November 30, 2004 04:29
RE: License for the Cwd module
Message ID:
A3C16C5851361146A6A2C2C8138C724001AA82C9@flmx.iccur.com
> ... but it appears to me that fairly substantial patches are being
> accepted without any sort of formal (or informal) copyright assignment.

Which is the way it should be. I gave up sending any patches in
on emacs years ago because it takes 5 minutes to create the patch
and 5 months to fiddle the copyright assignment forms, find
the lawyers at your corporation who can approve it, convince
them they should be wasting their time on it, etc.

If you want to bring perl development to a complete halt, by
all means create a formal mechanism for copyright assignment :-).