develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2004

Re: License for the Cwd module

From:
Joshua Hoblitt
Date:
November 29, 2004 23:30
Re: License for the Cwd module
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.61.0411292122140.21564@moa
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, chromatic wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 20:39 -0600, Ken Williams wrote:
>
>> I had the same question and I have no idea about the answer.  I'm not
>> particularly interested in being the copyright owner, though.  Maybe
>> the Perl Foundation?  I've always wanted to make a more substantial
>> gift... ;-)
>
> TPF may be able to do this.  I'll look into it.

Perhaps it's worth while establishing a standardized TPF copyright assignment
form (a la GNU).  Parrot is already claiming to be "Copyright (C) 2001-2004 The
Perl Foundation" but it appears to me that fairly substantial patches are being
accepted without any sort of formal (or informal) copyright assignment.

Cheers,

-J