develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2004

Re: License for the Cwd module

From:
Ken Williams
Date:
November 29, 2004 18:16
Re: License for the Cwd module
Message ID:
D07C3312-4275-11D9-8FAD-000A95BD9874@mathforum.org
I'm about to release another beta of the PathTools distribution, with
the following copyright chunk in each .pm file:

=head1 COPYRIGHT

Copyright (c) 2004 by the Perl 5 Porters.  All rights reserved.

it under the same terms as Perl itself.

=cut

For the Cwd.pm file, I'm also adding this paragraph:

Portions of the C code in this library are copyright (c) 1994 by the
Regents of the University of California.  All rights reserved.  Please
see the source code in F<Cwd.xs> for the licensing details of that
code.

In other words, whatever copyright I can claim on this code I'm ceding
to p5p, and there's some portion of the code that looks like Berkeley
owns it.

Please do let me know if I need to change something before the non-beta
release.

  -Ken