develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2004

Cwd.pm & File::Spec -> CPAN (test request)

From:
Ken Williams
Date:
November 28, 2004 20:28
Subject:
Cwd.pm & File::Spec -> CPAN (test request)
Message ID:
25474BE4-41BF-11D9-8FAD-000A95BD9874@mathforum.org
Hi,

I've uploaded PathTools 3.01_02, a release candidate for 3.02, to CPAN.
  It includes File::Spec and Cwd.

Testing reports are appreciated.

Changes since 3.01:

  - Fixed a testing bug in which sometimes the wrong version of Cwd
    (the version already installed on the user's machine) would get
    loaded instead of the one we're building & installing.

  - Sometimes getdcwd() returns a lower-case drive letter, so don't
    require an upper-case letter in t/win32.t. [Jan Dubois]

  - Fixed a memory leak in getdcwd() on win32. [Steve Hay]

  - Added a copy of ppport.h to the distribution to aid compilation on
    older versions of perl. [Suggested by Charlie Root]

  - Don't bother looking for a 'pwd' executable on MSWin32 - there
    won't be one, and looking for it can be extremely slow when lots of
    disks are mounted. [Several people, including Andrew Burke]

  - Eliminated a multi-argument form of open() that was causing a
    syntax error on older versions of perl. [Fixed by Michael Schwern]

  - The bug-fix changes for revision 0.90 of File::Spec somehow were
    lost when I merged it into the PathTools distribution.  They're
    restored now. [Craig A. Berry]

  - File::Spec->canonpath() will now reduce paths like '[d1.-]foo.dat'
    down to '[000000]foo.dat' instead of '[]foo.dat' or 'foo.dat'.
    This is in better accordance with the native filename syntax
    parser. [Craig A. Berry]

  - In order to remove a recursive dependency (PathTools -> Test-Simple
    -> Test-Harness -> PathTools), we now include a copy of Test::More in
    the distribution.  It is only used for testing, it won't be installed
    with the rest of the stuff.

  - Removed some 5.6-isms from Cwd in order to get it to build with
    older perls like 5.005.

  - abs_path() on Windows was trampling on $ENV{PWD} - fixed. [Spotted
    by Neil MacMullen]

  -Ken