develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2004

Re: 5.8.6

From:
H.Merijn Brand
Date:
November 28, 2004 02:33
Re: 5.8.6
Message ID:
20041128113208.4D64.H.M.BRAND@hccnet.nl
On Sun 28 Nov 2004 01:08, Nicholas Clark <nick@unfortu.net> wrote:
>     "Hallo, Pooh," said Piglet, giving a jump of surprise. "I knew it was you."
>     "So did I,", said Pooh.  "What are you doing?"
>     "I'm planting a haycorn, Pooh, so that it can grow up into an oak-tree,
>   and have lots of haycorns just outside the front door instead of having to
>   walk miles and miles, do you see, Pooh?"
>     "Supposing it doesn't?" said Pooh.
>     "It will, because Christopher Robin says it will, so that's why I'm
>   planting it."
>     "Well," aid Pooh, "if I plant a honeycomb outside my house, then it will
>   grow up into a beehive."
>     Piglet wasn't quite sure about this.
>     "Or a /piece/ of a honeycomb," said Pooh, "so as not to waste too much.
>   Only then I might only get a piece of a beehive, and it might be the wrong
>   piece, where the bees were buzzing and not hunnying. Bother"
>     Piglet agreed that that would be rather bothering.
>     "Besides, Pooh, it's a very difficult thing, planting unless you know how
>   to do it," he said; and he put the acorn in the hole he had made, and
>   covered it up with earth, and jumped on it.
>
>      From 'The House at Pooh Corner" by A.A. Milne

What a wonderful quote :)

>   http://opensource.fotango.com/~nclark/perl-5.8.6.tar.bz2

dor-5.8.6.diff uploaded to PAUSE. It includes the weakened err keyword
All tests passed on Linux (and two weeks back also on HP-UX 11.00 and 11i)

--
H.Merijn Brand        Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://amsterdam.pm.org/)
using perl-5.6.1, 5.8.5, & 5.9.x, and 809 on  HP-UX 10.20 & 11.00, 11i,