develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2004

5.8.6

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
November 27, 2004 16:36
Subject:
5.8.6
Message ID:
20041128000836.GA304@Bagpuss.unfortu.net
    "Hallo, Pooh," said Piglet, giving a jump of surprise. "I knew it was you."
    "So did I,", said Pooh.  "What are you doing?"
    "I'm planting a haycorn, Pooh, so that it can grow up into an oak-tree,
  and have lots of haycorns just outside the front door instead of having to
  walk miles and miles, do you see, Pooh?"
    "Supposing it doesn't?" said Pooh.
    "It will, because Christopher Robin says it will, so that's why I'm
  planting it."
    "Well," aid Pooh, "if I plant a honeycomb outside my house, then it will
  grow up into a beehive."
    Piglet wasn't quite sure about this.
    "Or a /piece/ of a honeycomb," said Pooh, "so as not to waste too much.
  Only then I might only get a piece of a beehive, and it might be the wrong
  piece, where the bees were buzzing and not hunnying. Bother"
    Piglet agreed that that would be rather bothering.
    "Besides, Pooh, it's a very difficult thing, planting unless you know how
  to do it," he said; and he put the acorn in the hole he had made, and
  covered it up with earth, and jumped on it.

     From 'The House at Pooh Corner" by A.A. Milne

  http://opensource.fotango.com/~nclark/perl-5.8.6.tar.bz2

(or s/bz2$/gz/ if you really want a 25% larger download.)

coming soon to a CPAN mirror near you soon as

  ftp://ftp.perl.org/pub/CPAN/src/perl-5.8.6.tar.bz2

md5sums are

3d030b6ff2a433840edb1a407d18dc0a  perl-5.8.6.tar.bz2
8d4aa4e061fd5bc0c39e4f0a63267880  perl-5.8.6.tar.gz

A use.perl announcement will follow once the tarballs have had time to
germinate. Er, propagate.

Nicholas Clark