develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2004

getting Config.pm on a diet

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
November 26, 2004 12:58
Subject:
getting Config.pm on a diet
Message ID:
20041126205850.GS6725@plum.flirble.org
I have this patch (the sort that won't fit into the margin of this e-mail)
that cuts Config.pm down from about 32K to 3K by putting all the little used
stuff in another file. With my patch I have configpm generating the two files.

However, I have a problem, in that I don't know how to make the right rule
for VMS to describe the dependencies and the necessary copying. In a Unix
makefile a dependency such as

foo bar: ...

is the right way to specify that this rule builds both. What's the VMS
equivalent to:

lib/Config.pm lib/Config_heavy.pl: config.sh miniperl$(EXE_EXT) configpm Porting/Glossary
	$(LDLIBPTH) ./miniperl -Ilib configpm --heavy=lib/Config_heavy.pl configpm.tmp
	sh mv-if-diff configpm.tmp $@

Nicholas Clark