develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2004

Storable IO question.

From:
bcant
Date:
November 24, 2004 07:05
Subject:
Storable IO question.
Message ID:
41A4A1AC.4584.1056E00@localhost
Hi,

Im trying to implement a simple TCP server/client using storable to transfere perl objects over the socket. I also need to send
files over the same socket/session. I am having problems with IO and I need to know if the nstore_fd() and fd_retrieve() use
Perl's buffered IO ? I am using non-buffered sysread/write or sending/receiving files but data appears to get lost and I'm
guessing this is because of buffering.

TIA.
Regards, Ben.
--