develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2004

Re: [perl #31851] Threading crash with closures

From:
Steve Hay
Date:
November 23, 2004 02:22
Re: [perl #31851] Threading crash with closures
Message ID:
41A30EEE.9000402@uk.radan.com
Andrew Savige wrote:

>Further to John Myers' closure threading crash, I think I've
>stumbled across the same problem, as further discussed here:
>
><http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=409473>
>
>I'm pleased to report that Dave Mitchell's patch (Change 23433 by
>davem on 2004/10/29 21:04:17) does indeed solve my crashing problem
>(on both Linux and Windows). Notice that my crashes seem to occur
>on multi-cpu machines _only_.
>
>To shoehorn Dave's patch into Windows, I crudely hacked globals.c
>and perlvars.h (in perl 5.8.5) as follows:
>[snip]
>Note that this is not a clean fix.
>I understand that Steve Hay is currently working on a clean fix
>for this bug (in "Smoke [5.9.2] 23450" thread).

Dave's patch should have been fixed for Win32 by change 23499:

http://public.activestate.com/cgi-bin/perlbrowse?patch=23499

- Steve

Radan Computational Ltd.

The information contained in this message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this message in error or there are any problems, please notify the sender immediately.  The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.  Note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Radan Computational Ltd.  The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached files for viruses: Radan Computational will accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.