develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2004

5.8.5 RC2

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
July 9, 2004 03:45
Subject:
5.8.5 RC2
Message ID:
20040709104542.GA1424@plum.flirble.org
    Beeches are trees of the Genus Fagus, family Fagaceae, including about
    ten species in Europe, Asia, and North America. The leaves are entire or
    sparsely toothed. The fruit is a small, sharply-angled nut, borne in
    pairs in spiny husks. The beech most commonly grown as an ornamental or
    shade tree is the European beech (Fagus sylvatica).

    The southern beeches belong to a different but related genus,
    Nothofagus. They are found in Australia, New Zealand, New Guinea, New
    Caledonia and South America.

    (From Wikipedia)

It turned out that not all was rosy in the garden. Gtk2 failed its regression
tests due to changes made to Perl_sv_utf8_upgrade_flags, which Rafael found
after I'd uploaded RC1 to PAUSE. So there's now RC2:

  http://opensource.fotango.com/~nclark/perl-5.8.5-RC2.tar.bz2

(or s/bz2$/gz/ if you really want a 25% larger download.)

coming soon to a CPAN mirror near you soon as

ftp://ftp.cpan.org/pub/CPAN/authors/id/N/NW/NWCLARK/perl-5.8.5-RC1.tar.bz2

Once it's propagated round the CPAN mirrors I'll make an announcement
on use.perl

The plan still is not to need another release candidate.

  No plan ever survives contact with the enemy.
     -- Field Marshall Helmuth Carl Bernard von Moltke

Nicholas Clark