develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2004

perl @ 22999

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
June 27, 2004 15:01
Subject:
perl @ 22999
Message ID:
20040627220127.GC39967@plum.flirble.org
I've made a snapshot of almost 5.8.5:

  http://www.ccl4.org/~nick/P/perl-22999.tar.bz2

(or .gz if you want 25% more bytes)

Code changes not in blead by 00:00 GMT on 1st July are too late for 5.8.5.
5.8.6 will be along shortly.

Documentation isn't critical, and late regression test tweaks will also
get considered for release.

I realise that the following modules are out of date w.r.t. CPAN:

Cwd                            2.17
	Will upgrade to 2.18 which is in blead, and seems to be stable
ExtUtils::Command              1.05
	Will upgrade MakeMaker once a stable version is released to CPAN which
	can build all core modules reliably on Unix, VMS and Windows.
Filter::Simple                 0.78
	0.79 on CPAN differs only in how the regression tests are invoked.
	It's not obvious how to make them work on both a CPAN build and in the
	core. Schwern has looked, I have looked, and it defeated both of us.
	I can't think that it's difficult, but so far no-one's volunteered a
	solution.
I18N::LangTags                 0.29
	0.30 and later have made smoke on blead.
Locale::Constants              2.01
	Will upgrade to 2.07 which is now in blead
Locale::Maketext               1.08
	1.09 depends on I18N::LangTags 0.30
Text::Soundex                  1.01
	CPAN has 3.02. I can't remember how this fork evolved, or what the
	proposed solution is.
if                             0.03
	0.0401 on CPAN has regression tests that don't work with TEST in the
	core. 0.04 in blead isn't the CPAN version. Need to resolve how to do
	dual life tests with Ilya and have the same version in core as on
	CPAN. Ilya seems to have strong opinions on this.
	Only the tests differ from maint.

I'm not sure what to do about the failing libnet test.

Nicholas Clark