develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2004

ANNOUNCE: Cwd 2.17_03

From:
Ken Williams
Date:
June 24, 2004 01:54
ANNOUNCE: Cwd 2.17_03
Message ID:
1D7E5D14-C564-11D8-B9D2-000A95BD9874@mac.com
Hi,

I've released another beta of Cwd to CPAN, which should build better on
some versions of perl (like 5.6.2 with MULTIPLICITY).  Unless I hear of
problems within 24 hours or so, I'll release this as 2.18.

Changes since 2.17 include:

  - Fixed a problem in which abs_path($arg) on some platforms could
    only be called on directories, and died when called on files.  This
    was a problem in the pure-perl implementation _perl_abs_path().

  - Fixed fast_abs_path($arg) in the same way as abs_path($arg) above.

  - On Win32, a function getdcwd($vol) has been added, which gets the
    current working directory of the specified drive/volume.
    [Steve Hay]

  - Fixed a problem on perl 5.6.2 when built with the MULTIPLICITY
    compile-time flags. [Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes]

  - When looking for a `pwd` system command, we no longer assume the
    path separator is ':'.

  - On platforms where cwd() is implemented internally (like Win32),
    don't look for a `pwd` command externally.  This can greatly speed
    up load time.  [Stefan Scherer]

  - The pure-perl version of abs_path() now has the same prototype as
    the XS version (;$).

  -Ken