develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2004

Re: Smoke [5.9.2] 22881 FAIL(M) MSWin32 WinXP/.Net SP1 (x86/1 cpu)

From:
Steve Hay
Date:
June 4, 2004 04:04
Re: Smoke [5.9.2] 22881 FAIL(M) MSWin32 WinXP/.Net SP1 (x86/1 cpu)
Message ID:
40C0585E.50905@uk.radan.com
Spider Boardman wrote:

>Steve Hay wrote (in part):
>
>sh> However, this solution still has a problem: when running "dmake test"
>sh> (after a successful "dmake"), the mktables program now gets run again!
>sh> Why is that?  I've attached a patch so you can see what I've done.  As
>sh> I see it, test depends on test-prep, which depends on all, which
>sh> depends on $(UNIDATAFILES), but that is up-to-date so why is it
>sh> getting made again?  All the files listed in $(UNIDATAFILES) have been
>sh> created and have the correct mtime.
>
>But 'unidatafiles', the intermediate target, does not exist.  It is
>therefore always out of date.  An added 'touch $@' (or some such
>equivalent, this not being run on a Unix system) should clear that up.
>Unless, of course, dmake has .PHONY support, which would be even better --
>I'm just not expecting that it does.

The intermediate target is "make_unidatafiles", not "unidatafiles", and
it does exist.  (There is no /file/ called "make_unidatafiles", but
there isn't meant to be.)

- Steve

Radan Computational Ltd.

The information contained in this message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this message in error or there are any problems, please notify the sender immediately.  The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.  Note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Radan Computational Ltd.  The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached files for viruses: Radan Computational will accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.